DS Lite: Changing "Start-up Mode" (switching between "Automatic" or "Manual" play)
Users can set the Nintendo DS Lite for a "Manual" or "Automatic" setting. With the Manual setting, the main menu will be displayed when the Nintendo DS Lite is turned on. This allows the user to access the DS menu functions (such as changing settings or using PictoChat). With the Automatic setting, if a Nintendo DS Game Card is inserted into the system, the game will automatically boot up when the Nintendo DS Lite is turned on, bypassing the main menu functions. To switch between Manual or Automatic:
- Remove all games from the Nintendo DS.
- Turn the system on by pressing up on the POWER switch.
- Tap the screen using the stylus when the "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" message appears.
- When the main menu appears, tap the stylus on the Settings Menu Panel at the bottom middle part of the screen.
- Tap the Options icon.
- Tap the Start-up Mode icon.
- Tap the top box for "M Manual Mode" or the bottom box for "A Auto Mode" and tap the "Confirm" rectangle.
- Wait for the confirmation message to disappear, then tap "Go Back," then "Quit," then "Yes" to exit. The unit will shut down automatically to save the settings.