Click here for important information
NEW iPod Touch 8GB - without Software Updates
Revolutionary multi-touch interface.
iPod touch features the same multi-touch screen technology as iPhone. Pinch to zoom in on a photo. Scroll through your songs and videos with a flick. Flip through your library by album artwork with Cover Flow.
Gorgeous 3.5-inch widescreen display.
Watch your movies, TV shows, and photos come alive with bright, vivid color on the 320-by-480-pixel display
Surf the web with Wi-Fi.
Browse the web using Safari and watch YouTube videos on the first iPod with Wi-Fi built in.1
If a picture says a thousand words, think of what all the album art in your collection might say. With Cover Flow on iPod touch, you can flick through your music to find the album you want to hear. And when you do, a quick tap of the cover flips it over to display a track list. Another tap starts the music.
The 3.5-inch display gives you video like nothing you’ve seen before on a portable device. Watch your favorite movie. Catch up on television shows, anywhere. Enjoy video podcasts. Play music videos. All using multi-touch technology that lets you bring up onscreen controls and go widescreen (or back to full screen) with a tap.
iPod touch holds up to 10,000 photos you sync via iTunes. Flick to scroll through thumbnails. Tap to view full screen. Rotate for landscape format. Or perform some sleight of hand by opening two fingers to zoom in. You can even play slideshows, complete with music and transitions. Set any photo as your wallpaper to personalize your iPod touch...with a touch.
With Apple’s Safari browser built in, iPod touch is the only iPod that gives you wireless access to the web, everywhere you go. See websites the way they were designed to be seen. Sync your bookmarks or add a few as you go. Search the web using the touchscreen keyboard. Zoom in and out by tapping the multi-touch display.
Got a bit of a YouTube addiction? iPod touch feeds it from anywhere with a special YouTube player built right in. Watch featured videos, check out the most viewed, search for something specific, then bookmark your favorites for future reference. It’s all the fun of YouTube — pocket-size.
iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
With iPod touch, you can discover new music anywhere. Built-in wireless capability gives you access to the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, where you can buy songs with a tap. Browse New Releases, What’s Hot, and Just Added lists. Or find exactly what you’re looking for with a quick search. Tap a song to preview it or tap Buy to purchase it. From anywhere.
iPod touch features the same revolutionary interface as iPhone. Built to take full advantage of the large 3.5-inch display, the multi-touch interface lets you control everything using only your fingers. So you can glide through albums with Cover Flow, flick through photos and enlarge them with a pinch, or zoom in and out on a section of a web page. And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts.
Ambient Light Sensor
The iPod touch display has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts brightness to suit the ambient light in your surroundings. The result? A better experience for you and battery-saving efficiency for iPod touch.
An accelerometer detects when you rotate iPod touch from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the contents of the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a web page, your music in Cover Flow, or a photo in its proper aspect ratio.
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display
- 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 pixels per inch
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
Mac system requirements
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
- iTunes 7.4 or later6
Windows system requirements
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- iTunes 7.4 or later
Songs2: Up to 1,750
Photos3: Up to 10,000
Video4: Up to 10 hours
Color Display: 3.5-inch (diagonal) multi-touch, 320 by 480 pixels
Battery life for music playback6: Up to 22 hours
Battery life for video playback6: Up to 5 hours
(1) Internet access required; fees may apply. YouTube and iTunes Store not available in all countries. (2) Account required for some features. Free account signup through iTunes; must be 13 or older; valid credit card may be required.
(1) 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
(2) Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; actual capacity varies by content.
(3) Photo capacity is based on iPod-viewable photos transferred from iTunes.
(4) Video capacity based on H.264 1.5-Mbps video at 640-by-480 resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio; actual capacity varies by content.
(5) Internet access required; fees may apply.
(6) Testing conducted by Apple in August 2007 using preproduction hardware and software. For audio playback, the playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (128-Kbps AAC); all settings were default except that Ask to Join Networks was turned off for N45. For video playback, video content was purchased from the iTunes Store; all settings were default except that Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off for N45. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
Manufacturer Part Number: MA623LL/A
Information regarding this product's origin is unknown, please contact us for more information.